Lauren found this amazing recipe online and definately will be making a batch of these up for betty the dog !
- 2 to 4 chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove any excess fat from the chicken. Turn the chicken breast on its side and use a paring knife to slice the chicken breast into 1/8 inch thick strips.
- Set the strips on a baking sheet. Bake for 2 hours.
- Check the chicken before removing from the oven. It should be dry and hard, not soft or chewy. Allow the chicken to cool completely before serving.
- Store the jerky in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Pro Tip: You can substitute sweet potatoes for the chicken in this recipe. Sweet potatoes make a healthy, vegetarian alternative.